Taipan Racing Programmable ECU for Gasgas off-road motorcycles
AiM Taipan programmable racing ECU's for Gasgas MC and EC off-road motocross bikes, enduro bikes and flat track racing bikes. Taipan is the brand-new aftermarket plug & play ECUs created by AiM, exclusively designed for off-road motorcycles. Thanks to their high technology 32-bit core, they represent an important step forward to improve the performances of your motorcycle, without sacrificing reliability and smoothness. The Taipan is provided and programmed with 5 base maps. Custom maps including launch control, traction contol and advanced strategies can be programmed by an authorized programmer. Product41 has the capability of full programming.
Click here for Taipan User Manual
NOTES When ordering:
- When ordering please note the model and year of your bike.
- Add the ECU bridge: This gives you the ability to: 1.) receive the maps from your tuner and flash them in the ECU 2.) show in the software pages the exceptions or problems logged by the TAIPAN and 3.) select the fuel injection corrections per different RPM ranges.
- Add the handle bar switch: If your bike dosen't have an OEM switch you will want to add this so you can change maps.
- Add the extension cable: Extension cable between ECU and handle bar switch. (comes with 15cm on ECU and 40cm on switch standard, about 21" total)
High technology 32-bit core
Engine control requires precision.
At 20,000 RPM the Taipan ECU guarantees a precision of 1/10 of
degree: this means an accuracy within 0.8 µsec for turning the spark ON!
This precision is the key to guarantee:
- A very consistent engine rotation
- The possibility to repeat dozens of tests at the bench always obtaining the same exact result
- A perfect reactivity at every minimum change of any point of a map and, at the end…
- More power at the wheel
Fully Plug & Play for the following GASGAS Models:
Advanced Base Map: A base map that immediately made the bike more performing over the OEM control units. Below shows a few models and the immediate performance gains accross the RPM range.
Up to 5 selectable maps can be loaded and controlled by the OEM handle bar switch or the AiM handle bar switch. Fuel maps, traction contorl and lauch control are all available to be controlled.
Strategies can be configured for second injectors, quick shift, launch control, traction control and all the important parameters that a rider need. The possibility to configure and to set your bike, thank to the many different strategies and corrections implemented, is really endless. Here down, a list of the most important:
- Injection main alpha-n
- Injection main speed-density
- Injection crank correction
- Injection BAP correction
- Injection EWT correction
- Injection IAT correction
- Injector battery correction
- Injector 2
- Ignition BAP correction
- Ignition EWT correction
- Ignition IAT correction
- Ignition opening transient correction
- Ignition closing transient correction
- Launch control
- Injection launch control main table
- Ignition launch control main table
- Quick shift
- Traction control
Extra Analog Inputs:
2 analog inputs to manage external sensors to improve the bikes performance, such as barometric air pressure
Extra Digital Inputs:
2 outputs, one dedicated to a second injector and another free to add another device, like, for example, a water pump.
Below is a list of compatible GASGAS off-road bike models. This list continues to be expanded.
Gasgas MC 250F 2021-2023 | Motocross
Gasgas MC 450F 2021-2023 | Motocross
Gasgas EC 250F 2021-2023 | Enduro
Gasgas EC 350F 2021-2023 | Endruo
Functional diagram shown below.
Functional diagram shown below with ECU connected to the AiM Solo 2 DL data logger.