AiM SmartyCam 3 Dual - 84 FOV
The SmartyCam 3 Dual kit includes the following:
- (2) compact 84 degree "bullet" cameras
- (2) 2m cables for connecting cameras
- Base recording unit
- Standard and Ethernet wiring harness (5pin CAN/Exp, 9-15v power in, ground, ECU CAN +, ECU CAN - and ethernet)
- 16G SD card
- NOTE: Unit requires an external power source.
Options to consider when ordering:
- 712 5-pin male to 712 5-pin male CAN cable for connection to data logger
- 4-port data hub (required if current expansion port on data logger is being used)
- Bullet camera bracket (per camera) Ideal for mounting the bullet camera. Aluminum bracket with 1/4-20 female on bottom.
- RAM V-Bracket Mount with 1" ball to1/4-20 stud (per camera). This would attach to the bullet camera bracket for easy roll bar mounting.
- GPS09 Module - If you are not connecting to a data logger with internal GPS and using as a stand-alone camera system. Choose option and cable length.
SmartyCam 3 Dual - Dual Video
IF ONE IS GREAT, DUAL IS BETTER
SmartyCam 3 Dual is the flagship version of SmartyCam 3 range, designed for any racer who wants to get the most out from any performance video on the track.
Dual Full HD camera system, Video output, CAN connection, USB-C connection, Ethernet port are only few of the features of SmartyCam 3 Dual: the most powerful of our range.
High quality with small size video files
Generic HD cameras are focused on the highest pixels number. The result is that their video files are far too large, taking too much memory; for this reason SmartyCam 3 videos have the same quality as other Full HD cameras but their files are smaller thanks to the H.264 compression system parameters that is optimized to perfectly balance video qualityand file size.
No “Wave Effect“ with Global Shutter CMOS
Engine rumble causes vibrations, which are a big problem for video recording. You will never experience again that seasick “wave effect” you get watching videos recorded by a generic camera when the car rolls at 7,000 RPM. SmartyCam 3 cameras have been designed for that environment and for those vibrations. “Wave effect” is just a distant memory
Designed for the extreme
An on-board camera designed for motorsport must guarantee great resistance against the extreme working conditions typical of racing and against the most adverse weather, such as: strong and prolonged vibrations, continuous rain and extremely high and low temperatures. That is why SmartyCam 3 are IP65 waterproof and made in machinery molded aluminum, just like many competition car parts.
Automatic Start & Stop
You are on the starting grid, ready to sprint, your adrenaline reaching the climax: the last thing you can worry about is... switching on the camera. You have other things to worry about. SmartyCam 3 is aware of that. That is why it switches on/off automatically and starts/stops recording the same way.
Full Internal Datalogger
Thanks to its second CAN SmartyCam 3 Dual receives and stores in a .mp4 file all data coming from any CAN expansion. At the end of your test, your SD Card contains all the information you need for a deep data analysis. SD card is sold separately.
If you need to stream your video in real time an SDI output is available on SmartyCam 3 GP and SmartyCam 3 DUAL.
The new SmartyCam 3 Dual has been designed for motorsport with a single purpose: PROVIDING GREAT VIDEOS INCLUDING ALL INFORMATION YOU NEED
SmartyCam 3 Dual overlays all data from both GPS and AiM loggers connected to your ECU.
Video Analysis with Race Studio 3
The video of a whole session, once downloaded on your PC, can now be split - with a simple click - in individual videos of each lap so that you can simultaneously watch two of them and check where you were faster or slower.
The same operation can be performed with a SmartyCam 3 Dual video recorded on the same track: you will be able to compare your best lap with your friends personal best!
- Video format: H.264 1,920x1,080 pixels @ 60 fps
- Display resolution: 2.4" 240 x 320 pixels
- Lens: Low distortion camera lens
- CMOS Sensor: Global shutter
- Field of view: 67°, 84° or 120°
- Internal battery: Rechargeable lithium battery
- Video Out: 3G-SDI
- External power: 9-15 V
- Supported MicroSD Card (not included): Up to 2TB
- Usage temperatures: -10°C/+50°C
- Auto Power ON: Yes
- Auto Power OFF: Yes
- Auto Start/Stop Recording: Yes
- Body: Anodized Aluminum
- Dimensions: Main unit 154.4 x 109.6 x 42 mm
- Dimedsions: Bullet camera 24 diam x 48.2 mm
- Connectors: 1 Deutsch 22 pin + 1 SMA SDI Video out + 2 SMA bullet connection + 1 USB-C
- Bullet cable length: From 500 mm to 4,000 mm (7 lengths available)
- Weight: Main unit 800 g | Bullet 45 g
- Waterproof: IP65
|Dimension (L x W x H)||9.2 x 6.5 x 4.5 Inch|